As the holidays are fast approaching and we are all rushing around so busy...
We need to stop and take stock of our lives. No matter what religion you are, what holidays you celebrate, slow down and enjoy the moments in life. Family, Friends, Coworkers, Caregivers. It is not about the stuff, it is about the moment. Enjoy the time we spend with people. Listen, really listen to people. True joy comes in giving back to others.
So as this holiday season is upon us. Give the best gift of all. Give back to other. Help others. Just one small act of kindness will bring a smile to a person’s face and in return will make you smile also.
Each day I wake up and go out to my garden and smile. The simple beauty of it can be healing. Go outside, Look outside, find something that brings a smile to your life. Enjoy. This photo does that for me. While it is not my garden it is beautiful.
Technology for good. In today's world we take so much for granted. That is until we become ill. With today’s technology the advances to diagnose, help and even cure many illnesses show technology for the good.
Once I knew only darkness and stillness. . . my life was without past or future. . . but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness and my heart leapt to the rapture of living.
What is first seen as a loss is now seen as a gain. For he finds solitude, not in far off, quiet places; he creates it out of himself, spreads it around him, wherever he may be, because he loves it and slowly he ripens in this tranquility. For the inner to unfold, stillness is extraordinarily important.
Most of us take for granted our everyday lives. What it takes to get up and get yourself dressed each day. For a person with disabilities this can be very difficult. This is one of the reasons I developed EasyUndies. EasyUndies make the most basic clothing item easier to put on and take off. EasyUndies give back a sense of independence to a person with any kind of mobility or dexterity issues.
And I am proud to announce the development of EasyPads. If you have any incontinence issue, EasyPads work with EasyUndies. No more need for a plastic paper product. EasyUndies feel and look like real underwear! Because they are. EasyUndies are 100% cotton and machine-washable.
Make it simple, make it easy, make it an EasyUndies day!
1) Look on the bright side. There are good things in your life within reach. Things you can do that others might even envy. You have the ability to be the person you want to be. Cultivate a sense of humor - laughter is the best medicine.
2)Ignore all the insults and negative things people say about you and to you. You definitely do not need to listen to that! No good will ever come of listening to closed-minded people talking like that. Always stay positive. I turn it around and feel sorry for people who make those kind of comments.
3) Make friends who accept you for who you are. Surround yourself with only positive people in your life. People who see beyond your disability. Who see the real you. Those will be your true friends.
4) Cultivate an active online social life. The internet is a wonderful thing. It will enable you to have live chats with people, email, read books and view the world.
5) Develop a sense of humor and practice making jokes. A good joke can break any uneasy moment. People will always remember you for telling a good joke.
6) Don't be ashamed to accept help when needed. We all at some point in our life will need help. It is a fact of life. If someone offers or you need to ask look at it as the opportunity to meet a new person. You never know, that person could turn into a friend.
7) Most of All! Enjoy life! Stay positive! Start each day with a positive outlook!
As we enter 2014 and are leaving 2013 behind, think of this as a new beginning. Life throws all of us a curve ball when we least expect it. I came across an article in my reading that really stuck with me. It’s about staying mentally strong. Keeping your mind mentally strong can help you deal with almost anything in life.
Mentally Strong People: 13 Things They Avoid
1. We all have issues in our lives that are challenging. But try not to feel sorry for yourself. All it will do is bring you down and not help the situation. Focus on something positive and let that positive thought bring you up.
2. Give Away Their Power. You and only you are in control of your thoughts and your strengths. Do not give others the ability to bring you down.
3. Shy Away from Change. Mentally strong people embrace change and welcome it. Do not be afraid of the unknown.
4. Waste Energy on Things They Can't Control. Things that are beyond your control happen everyday in everyone's life. Let them go. If you can't control it don’t waste your good energy on it.
5. Worry About Pleasing Others. Always be kind and fair. Please others when appropriate. And don't be afraid to speak up when needed.
6. Fear Taking Calculated Risks. Stop, think and then decide. Don't be afraid of risks. Just think first.
7. Dwell On the Past. Learn from the past. Let the past help you with the future. But don't dwell on the past.
8. Make the Same Mistake Over and Over. Break the cycle. Stop. Get off. Change.
9. Resent Other People's Success. It takes strength of character to feel genuine joy and excitement for another person’s success. Mentally strong people have this ability.
10. Give Up After Failure. Every failure is a chance to improve and learn. Don't let failure stop you from reaching your goal.
11. Fear Alone Time. Being alone is okay. It is even good. Get to know you. The real you. After all, you are at your best when you can reflect and plan.
12. Feel the World Owes them Anything. The world owes you nothing. Everything you have you have to work for. Things worth having are worth working for.
13. Expect Immediate Results. Nothing happens overnight. And if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Take it slow and enjoy the ride.