1) Look on the bright side. There are good things in your life within reach. Things you can do that others might even envy. You have the ability to be the person you want to be. Cultivate a sense of humor - laughter is the best medicine.
2) Ignore all the insults and negative things people say about you and to you. You definitely do not need to listen to that! No good will ever come of listening to closed-minded people talking like that. Always stay positive. I turn it around and feel sorry for people who make those kind of comments.
3) Make friends who accept you for who you are. Surround yourself with only positive people in your life. People who see beyond your disability. Who see the real you. Those will be your true friends.
4) Cultivate an active online social life. The internet is a wonderful thing. It will enable you to have live chats with people, email, read books and view the world.
5) Develop a sense of humor and practice making jokes. A good joke can break any uneasy moment. People will always remember you for telling a good joke.
6) Don't be ashamed to accept help when needed. We all at some point in our life will need help. It is a fact of life. If someone offers or you need to ask look at it as the opportunity to meet a new person. You never know, that person could turn into a friend.
7) Most of All! Enjoy life! Stay positive! Start each day with a positive outlook!