Monday, December 10, 2012

"Aging in Place"

Most American seniors desire to stay in their homes for the rest of their lives. In fact, an AARP survey found this number to be greater than 80% of seniors. This "stay at home" approach is also known as "Aging in Place."  

I was fortunate to meet Christine Bartel from the CBS show, "Aging Independently." On her show Christine helps people live a more stress-free life as they age. 

My mom was home until the last few months of her life. I think it is very important for caregivers to have as much information to make the lives of their loved ones as easy as they can. Much of the care we gave my mom was things we had to figure out on our own. My dad was very good at coming up with ways to make her life easier. Today with the internet a wealth of knowledge exists for people to learn. Here's one great resource:

http://www.seniorresource.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment