Monday, February 4, 2013

How Caregivers Can Give Themselves "Me Time



An interesting article appeared in ThirdAge.com: 

When you are caring for a loved one, friend or someone else always remember to take time for you. You matter. You give so much of yourself to others. You make a difference.

I remember with my mom, taking care of her, my kids and my grandmother at times seemed overwhelming. Some days I just wanted to get through the day only to do it all over again the next day. But someone gave me the best advice ever and I pass that on to you. Make time for yourself! Even if it is just a cup of tea. As my dad would say, “A spot of tea and relaxing thoughts.”

Don't feel guilty taking time for you! You deserve it and in return it will help you keep your strength when taking care of others.

Take Care,
Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment